Life is busy. The kids need us. Work is demanding all my attention. We can’t afford it. We don’t have time. If this sounds like you, take some time to reconsider. The benefits of getting away from the grind of daily living are many and mirror into the rest of your life. The following is a non-exhaustive list of why you should make the time to take time away!
1. Reconnect with loved ones away from the distractions of daily life!
2. Creating new memories together: This is well documented as being of the building blocks of creating rock solid relationships. Experiencing new things together strengthens bonds between humans.
3. Fun! Life often gets busy that I daresay, we forget to have in the process. The physical act of removing yourself from the humdrum of routine allows you to be open to the sides of yourself that get forgotten when you’re always trying to get things done.
4. Relaxation. Being able to relax means improved overall health and cognition. This means you make better decisions and your better able to resolve tensions and issues in other areas of your life.
5. Y-O-U time. We often feel selfish when we take time to consider our own needs. The truth is when you take care of you, you are better able to show up for everyone else.
What are your favorite get away memories? Why do you love to get away? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!
Hope to see you soon at Cottages at Bon Echo’s Edge!